20 Mar “Together We Will Make It!”
City of Los Angeles: Safer at Home Order
City of Los Angeles: Mayor Eric Garcetti ordered all persons living in the city to remain in their homes, with certain exceptions, such as:
- To visit a healthcare or veterinary professional
- To exercise, but remain 6 feet away from others, such as walking, hiking, running, cycling, using scooters, roller skates, skateboards, or travel in a vehicle with household members to go to a place to walk, hike, run or ride a bike.
- Obtain medical supplies
- Buy groceries
- To care for a family member, a friend, or a pet in another household
- Returning to a home outside Los Angeles
- Traveling to a home outside Los Angeles
- Comply with a court or law enforcement order
- Legally mandated government purposes
- All first responders, gang and crisis intervention workers, public health workers, emergency management personnel, emergency dispatchers, law enforcement personnel, and others working for emergency services providers are exempt.
- To do certain business operations and activities that are exempted, and listed below.
While doing these things, people should keep 6 feet from others, frequently wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer, cover coughs and sneezes, clean high-touch surfaces and not shake hands.