30 Oct 2020 South LA Renaissance: Homecoming Edition
We will be bringing South LA youth together to talk about their experiences within our community and to connect them to opportunities to shape policy decisions in LAUSD and in LA county. Policy and advocacy areas include education, substance abuse prevention, wellness services, and other areas the youth identify as high priorities. Students can join our virtual event by filling out our interest form here: https://forms.gle/fzLaEM4niFD1pXcD9
Additionally, we will be acknowledging a special group of students who represent South LA leadership and excellence during our South LA Homecoming virtual event. Winners will receive a $100 gift card + a Community Recognition Award!
To nominate someone:
- Must be a high school junior or senior (11-12th grade) in November 2020
- Must attend school and/or reside in South LA
- Actively involved in creating a better community for South LA (ex: activism, athletics, academics, leadership, advocacy)
- Submit a nomination form with nominee contact information, link here: https://tinyurl.com/2020SouthLAHomecomingNominees
- Submissions will close on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
In order to receive the award, all nominees must attend the virtual event on Sunday, November 7th, 2020 from 5:00-7:30pm.
We would also like to offer a presentation for your classrooms via Zoom to invite students to our South LA Homecoming and share info on our call for nominations. Students are also encouraged to nominate themselves or their peers. If you are interested in a classroom presentation, please email us back at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you have any questions and feel free to distribute this call for nominations widely among our South LA community. Thank you, we are looking forward to reviewing your nominations!